1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble viewing images in ie6.0

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by terry tate, Feb 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. terry tate

terry tate Thread Starter

i am using win98 and ie6.0....anyways, images are not loading(or even trying to load for that matter) on about half of the websites i visit. examples are ebay.com, fftoday.com, cnn.com, and several others. when i say "images are not loading" i mean no images are loading at all....just the red x's. other sites work just fine, like this one and msn.com, google.com, ect. the trouble started the night i updated my sbc dsl account to a sbc "yahoo" dsl account. as part of the update it loaded some software like a browser and connection manager and stuff. i uninstalled the browser but still no pictures on the websites....any help would be appreciated, this is really getting on my nerves!
    thanks
    clay

2. mtbird

mtbird

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Try this.

Start IE, go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Multimedia. There search for something that reads "Show Pictures". Click on OK and restart IE. I think that should solve this problem.

4. terry tate

thanks for the suggestions mtbird, but still no luck...the file association makes sense because i have acdsee and it switched file associations over when i reinstalled it and the for .jpeg and .gifs the file type still says "acdsee jpeg image" and it has the acdsee icon beside it...but now after i have changed the default to use ie to open these files it still does the same thing, and it still refers to the files as "acdsee jpeg image". what gets me is that graphics work just fine on certian pages, and not at all on certian others.

5. terry tate

thanks for the help, but that was the first thing i tried, the box has been checked this whole time and still no graphics on certian pages :(

6. kramnnim

kramnnim

Have you installed all of the IE6 updates from WindowsUpdate? I've seen alot of people with those problems with images loading in IE6, but I've not yet found out what the actual problem is...I had the problem when I installed XP SP1 and the IE SP, I forget how I fixed it...

7. terry tate

thanks kramnnim. i just now downloaded the updates and rebooted with no luck...i guess it's something else

8. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

terry tate said ...

You know how funny this thing called computer and Windows is. This is just a shot in the dark and I must confess that at present I am as confused as you are. But still give this a try.

Uncheck that box of "Show Pictures". Close IE and restart your machine. Again check that one and again restart your machine. I am suggesting a restart because there are some portions of IE which are inter-woven in Windows OS. :(

9. terry tate

thanks everyone for the help but it seems to have fixed itself after i ran defrag, i have no idea why but i'm not complaining as long as it's working
    thanks

10. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

:p funny solutions to simple looking problems!! Anyway, as long as it works to your satisfaction, nothing is better!! :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!