1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with Acer Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by new tech guy, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. new tech guy

new tech guy Thread Starter

Hello folks, not quite sure where this question would go as it spans a few different topics here,
    I have a frustrating problem. Recently we purchased an Acer Aspire 5735-4624. It runs fine on windows but we would like to run linux on it. Only problem is i cant seem to find the drivers for this thing, ANYWHERE. I have checked the pc itself, nothing, checked the recovery discs we created for it, nothing, the acer website does not even seem to have the pc listed there for software downloads. So my question is, if anyone can point us to the software drivers for the pc it would be much appreciated. (PS, i really need wifi drivers so i can load the .inf file with ndiswrapper)

2. HCD

HCD

3. new tech guy

Hmm it might just do the trick as i found the part on their website. Downloading the network driver now to see what is packaged in the zip file. If its what im looking for, great and thanks for the help :).

4. new tech guy

Works alright in ubuntu linux, only problem is i cannot get the device to be utilized by the os. Not sure why it is not being activated even though in ndiswrapper says the inf file is correct.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!