1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble With Dawn Of War Gold Edition

Discussion in 'Games' started by dawnofwarfreek94, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawnofwarfreek94

dawnofwarfreek94 Thread Starter

i went out and bought dawn of war 40K gold edition after playing the demo which i thought was awsome. i put the disk into my computer, that has vista, and right after i clicked next on the first installation screen it said FATAL ERROR: INSTALLATION HAS ENDED PREMATURELY BECAUSE OF ERROR. i have talked to some other guys about this game and if it worked for vista and they all said it worked fine. i have already tried making it compatible for XP with the service pack but that did no good. if you have ANYTHING that will help me other than that please tell me because i really want to get into this game. thanks.:D

2. Laurie52

Laurie52

I am not familar with VISTA as my Dell Inspiron 530 was ordered with WinXP SP2 Home. But if the others say the game works with VISTA, you might try these suggestions?

Have you updated all your audio and video drivers from their respective websites?

Check for any possible spyware or malware. Sometimes this has happened with games where drivers from this junk has interfered.

Have you tried looking through the RelicNews: Dawn of War tech support forums for any info that may help you. You have to register to "search" (dang it) So I checked through the first few pages of threads to see anything. I did find some subject threads with similar problems and with advice and answers. One suggestion was doing a manual install from the disk.

Or as one person explained it could be a permissions issue - ie. you need to run the installation as administrator.

3. dawnofwarfreek94

dawnofwarfreek94 Thread Starter

i tried logging in as administrator and i checked the relic news website but i haven't tried the other things, which ill be sure to do. thanks for the help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/697401

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice