1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with Epson 7600 printer profile

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by lleonhardt, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lleonhardt

lleonhardt Thread Starter

:eek: I'm new to this board and I am hoping that someone can help me, I am at my wit's end and under a deadline! I am printing from Photoshop on an Epson 7600 large format printer. The type of paper I am using is MOAB Entrada 190 Bright White and I am trying to print wedding albums. I have been using the .ICC profile provided by the MOAB website. My problem is that my color is not accurate, in the print preview window, the image is very pink and prints that way too. I have printed many albums with this profile and it is wonderful, but recently we had to reformat my computer and instead of 2000, I now have XP. It has been wonky ever since. I have my color preferences set to US Prepress format, I have soft proofed and everything looks fine until I print it or print preview it. I just don't know what to do! Can anyone help me? Thank you so much in advance. :eek:

2. lleonhardt

I'm having trouble since I reformatted to XP. I used to use 2000 and everything worked fine. My problem is when I choose the profile I need in the page setup in Photoshop, the color is not coming out the way it used to. I have uninstalled/ reinstalled Photoshop CS as well as my color profiles and nothing seems to work. I even downloaded new ones from MOAB and Epson, but I am still getting crazy color. Any suggestions? Let me know if I have been too vague I can go into further detail. Thanks in advance!

3. flixx

flixx

To lleonhardt:
    Sometimes this happens, when upgrading software and only Murphy
    knows why you were by blindsided the dangling dong of destiny. So
    there is a possibility that one of the printer cartridges has shorted out,
    so have you tried replacing both cartridges then resetting the printing alignment. Yea, I know it sounds stupid but its been known to work.
    Hope this Helps, Flixx.

4. lleonhardt

I haven't tried doing that. We are using an Epson 7600 and there are 7 cartridges of color (it's a wide format printer). I also forgot to mention that when my print preview window comes up, the color is screwed in there, the picture has a pinkish hue and that's the way it prints. And it only seems to be happening on the profiles that we have downloaded or have had created for us. The default printer profiles all look fine, SRGB, RGB98 etc.

5. Cindy M

Cindy M

I work with Lisa and we are at our wits end. Ever since we upgraded to Window's XP we cannot get our Epson 7600 printer to recognize our custom color profiles. We have tried upgrading the driver, uninstalling it and going back to the original driver, we've deleted and reinstalled our profiles, I've finetuned the way the printer recongizes the profiles, we have tried changing the way we direct the printer to handle our profiles (no color adjustment is the way we usually do it, but I've tried the other options). I have somehow gotten the printer to recognize the profile 3 times, but that's out of a hundred attempts. There is nothing in the Epson support site that addresses this, or the Window's Troubleshooter. I've been on several forums and the only solution that I thought I could apply was for a USB Connection, but I'm connected via a network. If anyone has any ideas....?

Cindy

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried calling Epson?

I've also merged both of your threads dealing with the same problem.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice