1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Trouble with file compression utility, namely WinZip.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Alex Ethridge, Nov 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I just now downloaded and installed WinZip, the latest version and made my first compressed file, a collection of 26 JPG images. Here's the problem:

When I open the zip file using the "Extract All" command in the Windows 10 Pro right-click menu, it extracts just fine and I can double-click the files, they open just fine in the default viewer but I don't get any image thumbnails in Windows 10 Explorer. All I get are 26 logos of the default viewer.

By the way, I do have Windows 10 Explorer set to View> Extra Large Icons

2. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

AFAIK, Windows 10 Explorer does not have the capability to create and display Thumbnails for images contained within a Zip file.

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I'm not asking about within the zip file.

The problem is with the files after they are extracted, as stated in the initial post "When I open the zip file using the "Extract All" command"

4. SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Once they are extracted, you have to give Windows a chance to create the Thumbnails.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236395

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice