1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trouble with hibernation mode

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by buxie, Oct 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. buxie

buxie Thread Starter

I have a Sony computer with Windows Me operating system.
    Just tried the hibernation feature as suggested in the latest
    PC World. It worked fine about 5 times. After that the system
    shuts down and immediately comes back on. When it did work,
    liked the capability. How do I get it working again?

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

This problem you describe with Sleep/Hibernation modes is why most folks realize too late they should not try to use these features. They either stop working or cause error because they don't work reliably. After awhile they can cause major vague error in your operating system. Avoid the situation and don't use them.

Use the these settings. Right-click an open space on your desktop; Point to Properties; Click the Screen Saver tab; click the lower settings button; Under the appropriate tabs (General and Hibernate tab, if the Hibernate tab is available) use the drop-down arrows to choose Home office/desk; turn off monitor after 15 minutes; turn off hard disk after 30 minutes; Sleep and Hibernate modes - NEVER.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Buxie:

Do not use the advanced power management features(i.e. hibernate, suspend, standby, sleep, etc.). They cause more trouble than they are worth, and your computer will run better without them - as you have found out.

I set the power scheme to "Always On" and all other settings to "Never".

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

4. buxie

buxie Thread Starter

Sounds like solid practical advice. Thank you...... Buxie

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice