Trouble with Internet Explorer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

NonsavvySusie

I cannot open IE. Nothing I click on will open it Also in Control Panel, if I try and click on Internet Options nothing happens. This may have started when IE 7 was automatically installed by Windows Update, but I have uninstalled it so I assume I have IE6 now but that hasn't helped. I did notice that in Windows Update history that an update to IE7 was automatically installed on Jan. 11 after I uninstalled IE7. Does that mean I still have IE7? Since I can't go there I can't find out but I am able to use the web.
I am also unable to print an e mail but can print it if I go first to Print Preview.

I have Windows XP and have talked to Dell about this but they were unable to help.

NonsavvySusie said:
I cannot open IE. Nothing I click on will open it Also in Control Panel, if I try and click on Internet Options nothing happens. This may have started when IE 7 was automatically installed by Windows Update, but I have uninstalled it so I assume I have IE6 now but that hasn't helped. I did notice that in Windows Update history that an update to IE7 was automatically installed on Jan. 11 after I uninstalled IE7. Does that mean I still have IE7? Since I can't go there I can't find out but I am able to use the web.
I am also unable to print an e mail but can print it if I go first to Print Preview.

I have Windows XP and have talked to Dell about this but they were unable to help.
Tried a system restore before IE 7 was automatically downloaded and installed?

NonsavvySusie

I did do a system restore but it may have been a later date. I will go back and look at the history and see if I can do that. Will I lose all my postings on Quicken do you know?

Im not to sure to be honest with you.

Is there a way to back it up? put it onto a external HD or burn it to a CD/DVD just to be on the save side.

Do a data backup on Quicken and then a system restore. If System Restore blows out some of your Quicken data with it you can load the latest data from your backup. Keep that backup on a USB key, CD or floppy. (System Restore isn't supposed to mess with things like Quicken data, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.)

nietsloh said:
(System Restore isn't supposed to mess with things like Quicken data, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.)
Its microsoft here we are talking about, make back ups of everything :D :p

NonsavvySusie

Thanks. It didn't hurt Quicken at all, but when I did restore some other problems came up so I went back to the current date and time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online