1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with Internet Explorer

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by NonsavvySusie, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NonsavvySusie

NonsavvySusie Thread Starter

I cannot open IE. Nothing I click on will open it Also in Control Panel, if I try and click on Internet Options nothing happens. This may have started when IE 7 was automatically installed by Windows Update, but I have uninstalled it so I assume I have IE6 now but that hasn't helped. I did notice that in Windows Update history that an update to IE7 was automatically installed on Jan. 11 after I uninstalled IE7. Does that mean I still have IE7? Since I can't go there I can't find out but I am able to use the web.
    I am also unable to print an e mail but can print it if I go first to Print Preview.

I have Windows XP and have talked to Dell about this but they were unable to help.

2. Molucky

Molucky

Tried a system restore before IE 7 was automatically downloaded and installed?

3. NonsavvySusie

I did do a system restore but it may have been a later date. I will go back and look at the history and see if I can do that. Will I lose all my postings on Quicken do you know?

4. Molucky

Molucky

Sorry i don't know what Quicken is, could you explain it to me please.

5. NonsavvySusie

Quicken is financial software - for investments, check book, etc.

6. Molucky

Molucky

Im not to sure to be honest with you.

Is there a way to back it up? put it onto a external HD or burn it to a CD/DVD just to be on the save side.

7. nietsloh

nietsloh

Do a data backup on Quicken and then a system restore. If System Restore blows out some of your Quicken data with it you can load the latest data from your backup. Keep that backup on a USB key, CD or floppy. (System Restore isn't supposed to mess with things like Quicken data, Word documents and Excel spreadsheets.)

8. Molucky

Molucky

Its microsoft here we are talking about, make back ups of everything :D :p

9. NonsavvySusie

Thanks. It didn't hurt Quicken at all, but when I did restore some other problems came up so I went back to the current date and time.

10. Molucky

Molucky

So is your problem now solved?

11. NonsavvySusie

No, I still can't open IE and now I'm having trouble downloading some things.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536938

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice