Trouble with new router

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

spuik

I had some issues with my new router described here http://forums.techguy.org/networking/916952-solved-new-router-issues.html

In short I wasn't able to open certain websites (gmail.com) or log into MSN messenger while other sites worked.

I thought the problem was solved but it's back. After the reset to factory defaults everything worked fine for a small while but then I wasn't able to open any web pages. Msn messenger and torrents still worked. Router reboot didn't help. I did another reset to factory defaults and again it worked for a small amount of time, but then the same thing happened. I'm about to do yet another reset but I don't have high hopes.

The modem configuration page also behaves pretty strangely. The first setting that I change usually works fine but the second gets stuck loading and the change never gets made. When I re-open the config page in another browser tab or window I can again alter one setting but even that is sometimes very very slow. The "Save settings" button on the ADSL manual setup menu doesn't react to clicking at all, but thankfully the setup wizard works.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Try upgrading the firmware on the router and then resetting it to factory defaults and reconfiguring. If it still fails, you may have a dying router.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online