1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with Outlook 2007 - Not Receiving Emails In Inbox

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by inkling, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. inkling

inkling Thread Starter

I've been using Outlook 07 for awhile now with no problems, using POP3.

All of a sudden yesterday, I wasn't receiving any emails in my inbox. I'm able to send emails and I am receiving emails in my junk folder. I get an error balloon in the bottom left corner by the Outlook icon everytime it's trying to Send/Receve which says "Microsoft Outlook cannot start processing services"

I've tried several things and nothing has worked. Below I'm listing things that I've tried and things that I do know.

Do know:
    - Using Windows Vista Home Premium
    - All email accounts are working. I'm able get everything on my laptop using Outlook 07 with the same account settings.
    - The Send/Recieve button doesn't seem to work when I click on it.
    - When I created a new .pst folder and set it as the default, all past emails were receiving but it only dumped a few in the junk folder all other ones didn't show up.
    - I have deleted all rules, so it's rule free
    - I can send emails
    - I have several email accounts using Outlook and none of them are working, so it's just not a certain account.

Things I tried:
    - Creating a new personal .pst file
    - Ran .pst scan and repaired it on the old original file (which i'm not using now, since I created a new file)
    - unistalled office 07 twice and reinstalled it
    - cleaned out an free space in all email accounts and archives.
    - created a new archive .pst file

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. Techyy

Techyy

Note:
    Backup if any important archived *.pst files and then follow the instructions:

-- Clear all PST files from Default archive location along with *.xml file's.

-- Uninstall the Outlook 2007, run registry cleaner and clean the registry entries for Outlook 2007

-- Reboot the system and install the Outlook 2007

-- Create a profile and make it as default.

-- do not create *.pst files manually, let Outlook create *.pst files.

3. inkling

inkling Thread Starter

Techyy,

Thanks for the advice.

I believe I understand everything but can you let me know how to:

"run registry cleaner and clean the registry entries for Outlook 2007"

Thanks again, it's much appreciated.

4. Techyy

Techyy

-- Download "Registry Cleaner" from Internet, Install the Software

-- Run "Registry Cleaner", it shows an option "Check for Problems"-- Click on it

-- It will display all unused Registry entries for all the softwares that is installed on your computer.

-- Select the unused entries for Outlook and then click "Fix Selected entries" (not exactly it says like this).

-- This should fix the registry issue, then continue with the steps.

5. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Absolutely DO NOT download and run any type of registry cleaning software. This type of application generally causes far more problems than it resolves.

6. inkling

inkling Thread Starter

I tried everything and with a new fresh install of Outlook, it's still not putting emails in the inbox. It looks like it's receiving them but not putting anything in the inbox. Some are still going to the Junk Folder. I'm still getting the same balloon error stating:

"Microsoft Outlook cannot start processing services"

7. Techyy

Techyy

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971578

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice