1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with scanner

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by blondie_3311, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. blondie_3311

blondie_3311 Thread Starter

Hi

I have windows XP and i got a scanner yesterday and hooked it all up and a little error keeps coming up saying Twain error maybe the device is not connected. We unhooked it and hooked it back up again and uninstalled the program and installed it again and nothing will work. I also tried typing in twain error in yahoo and it told me there to turn the scanner and computer off and make sure the scanner is turned on before the computer...(Problem: my scanner does not have a on/off switch just a lock and unlock switch) Well I hope I explained this good (I dont know much about computers) so I hope someone can help me....Thanks alot!

Lindsay

2. kath100

kath100

Hello Lindsay and welcome to TSG.
    First a question for you, Who is the manufacturer of the scanner?
    Also, make sure you connect the USB lead directly into the computer and not via a usb hub. Your scanner needs its supply from the computer.
    Have you checked on the cd that was supplied with the scanner that it has a "driver" program on it. If so, make sure you install it without the scanner connected.
    With the computer switched on, plug in the usb lead to the computer, you should then get a message saying "new hardware found".
    The computer will then search for the driver that you earlier installed.
    What software are you trying to run when you get the twain error?
    Kath
    :)

3. blondie_3311

blondie_3311 Thread Starter

Thanks for writting back so quick! My scanner is a Canon CanoScan Lide 20...I'll have to wait untill my neighbour gets home I got the e-mail but I didnt understand it and Im sure he will...(I know nothing about computers) but thanks for the help!

blondie_3311

4. kath100

kath100

Come back and we will try our best
    :)
    :D :D What email? :D :D
    Kath

5. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    If you need to power-off and don't have a switch the just unplug the power cord.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271263

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice