Trouble With SD Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jordan1995

I'm having a major problem getting my chromebook to read my sd card. This morning it crashed when I tried to transfer a video file, and when I reinserted it, it created a ton of new folders with random names and dates that led to nothing. So I tried to format it afterwards and the chromebook just stopped reading it all together (it wouldn't even show up in my files). So then I did a power clean of my chromebook in the hopes that it would help, and now I'm getting notifications from the files tab that the external storage device couldn't be recognized and to format it. However when I select the option to format it, nothing happens at all. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Jordan1995

I did option 1 and 2, but it won't even do 3 cause whenever I select the prompt to reformat it nothing happens.

plodr

Liz
If you have another laptop/PC besides the chromebook, you could try and format it in that device. If the laptop/PC doesn't have a card slot. you can get USB holders.
I own two
sdholder.jpg
The back lifts up and I slide the card into the holder and plug it into a USB port on a device.

Scroll down to formatting in Windows
https://www.wikihow.com/Format-a-Micro-SD-Card

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online