1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trouble with TSG site

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Oceana908, Apr 13, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

Is anyone else having trouble with the TSG site since the upgrade (which by the way is great apart from this problem)? I have posted this before but didn't get any answers (maybe I was in the wrong forum). Sometimes the pages open okay but more often they will freeze/lockup and not respond, so then I have to control, alt, delete and of course I lose all my browser windows. Also the pages sometimes don't fully open and I have to refresh to get the whole page. It is only happening on the TSG site. I have tried everything I can think of, checked for spyware, emptied cookies and temp folders, found a couple other threads similar and followed them but no luck. OS is Win98. Hoping someone can help me :)

2. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

I haven't noticed it.
    What browser are you using?
    Have you also deleted the files in the browser's cache and \windows\temporary internet files?

3. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

Using I.E6 sp1, have emptied temp int files, sorry appearing dumb here, what is the browser's cache? By the way when trying to post a quick reply to this I had to refresh the page twice so I could get to the quick reply box because the page only opened up to the end of your reply.

4. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

Do you mean the history and delete all files on the internet options general tab?

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

Since you are using IE it's "cache" is the Temporary Internet Files.
    Many other browsers like Netscape, Opera, and others have a seperate Cache folder.

6. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

After posting to this thread the site behaved itself for quite awhile, lulling me into thinking all was okay, but it still does it intermittently. I have deleted cookies, temp internet files and temp folders, done spyware checks etc, so will see how it goes with this session on the net.

7. VirtualMe

VirtualMe

Oceana908,

The only thing I've had trouble with on TGS, is I've been redirected to the Forums Home Index page on occassion when I click on a thread to someones post the last couple of days.

It is also only happening on the TSG site.

8. TOGG

TOGG

The only thing I've noticed on my old Win 98 setup is that the 'preview' of the first post in each thread that comes up when you place the cursor over the title does not work in Opera but does in IE.

Otherwise, everything is fine and the 'new look' is great.

Doh! Just worked out that Opera probably sees the preview as a popup, which I suppose it is in fact, and blocks it automatically, like a good browser should.

9. hewee

hewee

I had the new post show up at the very top some times and at the very bottom other times.
    Like if your post Togg was a new post I would see the bar that has the time of your post at the very top of the page like it should be or it is at the very bottom of the page so the post you really see are old post. It does it like that on and off so I can't put my finger on why it is working the way it does because it has a mind of it's own.

10. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

I had a lot of trouble again yesterday afternoon with it not responding and having to refresh all the time to get the full page to open, also I had a line at the top of a forum page, I have tried to upload the print screen I saved of it but can't...maybe someone could help me out on uploading attachments? I hope it is the TSG site and not my computer...LOL...but it is strange that it is only happening on this site.

11. justkidzmom

justkidzmom

hmmm...had an old post set as a favorite and when I clicked on it today...it took me to a "different" looking tsg page...obviously the upgrade. However, none of the little boxes beside the forums would fill (they would just remain a red X) and when I tried to sign in, it would just keep refreshing the page without signing me in. Finally I clicked on "home" and it took me where I needed to go and I was able to sign in then.

12. jjb

jjb

I was having a few minor problems myself after the upgrade. I had to refresh before the page would open.
    This was also the result of using an older link. I reset link to open in forums main page and it corrected that problem.

Oceana908- if you are connecting thru a bookmark/favorites delete your old link and replace it with the link to the page you wish to open to and see if that helps at all.

Now, jjb is off to bed :p so nite all

13. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

jjb - Thanks, but I have been connecting via the email link I get from notifications of subscribed threads, another thing that has happened to me twice now is when the TSG page freezes and doesn't respond, I have lost my system tray icons and also the minimized browser pages, soon as I end task the TSG page it all comes back!!

14. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

The only problem I have had is adjusting to the new look. It seems I am on a different site at times. The old look had just become an old friend. It still looks funny to me, but I am in the same place (I think???)

15. Oceana908

Oceana908 Thread Starter

It is still doing it...doesn't anyone have any ideas...please, it is driving me nuts! Why only this site?? I love this site!! Grrrrrrr!

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/220140

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice