Trouble with Windows Updates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Allan Murray

I have a Compaq Pressario laptop with Windows Vista. I have had problems with the recent Windows Updates. I put my laptop on Sleep every night. When I open it in the morning, I find that Windows Updates have been installed, and my computer restarted. However I find that my screen looks different. The nice soft grey background to menu bars, tool bars, task bars and sidebar has gone, and is replaced with white which is not at all easy on the eye. Also the internet connection is slow to 'make', and I have to go into the Administrative Panel of my Choicemail anti-spam programme to get my email programme to function.
The only way I can get back to normal is to undo the Updates using System restore, But then the next night the updates are again installed, when the computer is on sleep, with the same results, and so the cycle starts over again. This happens every day. It is not at all handy. I have never had such problems with Updates before. Can anyone help? Allan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online