1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Trouble with Windows XP Mode (virtual machine)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by corgwork, Aug 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. corgwork

corgwork Thread Starter

I've been using the XP mode on Windows 7 for a few years now and all of a sudden the last few times it's prompting me for a password to log in. Also it had a error message saying integration features not working. And the time it takes to start the Virtual Machine is very very long. What to do?

Noticed when closing the virtual machine it says "hibernating". Is that supposed to be that way?

I tried restarting the virtual machine several times but it still is asking for password.

---

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3895 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 217 GB (34 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 304Ah
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. corgwork

corgwork Thread Starter

3. Lanctus

Lanctus

Did you previously set up a password for it and it doesn't work anymore, or was there not a password set up? We cannot help with password issues, as there is no way to verify actual ownership. However, disabling the integrated features can clear up a few issues.

4. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I have XP mode on one of my Win 7 pro computers. Didn't use it much but I noticed it would 'close' and go into hibernation and come out with no ill effects after Win 7 was rebooted.

You might try the XP restore function( not the install or repair ) setting it back to a date when you could access it.
    Problem is, you can't boot into XP to get to the restore function and have no XP repair disc .

Perhaps this link will help:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...e5/safe-mode-within-xp-mode?forum=w7itprovirt

5. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    IMO, tough call and up to a moderator on this one.
    Because he can boot up and enter Win7, it does show some proof he owns the computer

6. Lanctus

Lanctus

I leave it up to the Admins, as all I can do is speculate. However, disabling Integrated Features usually makes it seen as a general virtual machine, and that can allow the user account to be logged into. If corgwork can then enable the Admin account, that will help should this issue happen again.

Johnny b likes this.
  7. corgwork

corgwork Thread Starter

I don't recall specifically setting a password for the VM.

It seems to have something to do with the integration features as there was an error message saying there's an issue with the integration features and giving me a choice to either go on without it or try again with it. Either option didn't work.

But I restarted the computer and then everything was working fine. I tend to put my PC to sleep and only shut it down like once a week or so.

Lanctus likes this.
  8. Lanctus

Lanctus

Glad it's working for you now.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214410

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice