Troubles adding a printer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

firstyke

Hi all,

I have added a USB printer to one of my machines. On my other machine, I can only see the printer when I try and add it when I am logged on as the administrator. When logged on as myself I cannot see the printer to add it. Has anyone seen this before and know what to do.

Many thanks,

Mike

Did you make the printer a "Shared" printer? Admin has higher level permissions so that may be why.

I made my Printer a share and then browsed to it when adding... \\computer1\printername

Disable your firewall, if you can add it then, then you will have to enable file sharing (asuming your haven't)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online