1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Troubles with Outlook '03

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by gr8gad, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gr8gad

gr8gad Thread Starter

I recently purchased a new Dell Inspriron 600M, w/ XP Pro and Office '03. Very satisfied w/ the new computer until I set up my e-mail accounts. I was previously running 2000 Pro w/ Office 2000 Pro. I have no idea if there is a correlation between the old/new operating systems and my current problem. The problem is this. I had no problems sending/receiving e-mail via Outlook until I set up my e-mail on the new Dell 600M. I transferred my account info exactly how it was set up on the old system, Inspiron 5000. After setting up e-mail accounts sending/receiving isn't an issue until after roughly five runs and then I receive errors that tell me my SMTP server no longer supports SSL connection. This makes no sense to me since the errors were generated on the new system only. I preserved my mail accounts on the old system and continued sending/receiving w/ no troubles at all. Now on the new system the errors continue unless I remove all e-mail accounts, re-boot and add new accounts all over again. This temporarily fixes the problem for roughly 5-6 runs of sending/receiving and then error reports... Any ideas to my e-mail woes? This is the error message: "Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL secured connections. If SSL secured connections have worked in the past, contact your ISP."

2. tuomaura

tuomaura

Here's one suggestion. The error message ("Your outgoing (SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections.") can also indicate that the authentication failed. Check that the username, including domain, is correct. If might be different from you email address. For example, email "[email protected]" might go with the user name "[email protected]". The username is what gives you the right to use the server and can be completely unrelated to the email address.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice