1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

troubles with Un-id'd MOBO (-POST)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Maxturbo211, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Maxturbo211

Maxturbo211 Thread Starter

ok, I have a mobo. its a dell (proprietary sucks) anyways, I wrote down all the significant looking text on the motherboard, and noted the slots and the cpu socket number, if I could get help finding a pinout, manual, anything really, this old beast won't post and I don't know why. its DIN sockets are both black, no I/0 shield, has 4 pci slots, no AGP, two DIMM RAM slots, and a cpu socket PGA370. numbers on MOBO are:

N232

0007517x-12461-0QA-04VB

LB10H1

E139761

AA A01025-310

and near the DELL logo, theres a barcode with Rev. A04 under it. I assume this means its revision A04.

ANY help is appreciated and I'd like to add one piece of information, on any keypress, the system freezes up, and if the delete key is pressed, it'l show the "entering setup" but will never move to the BIOS screen. thanks much ~Maxturbo211

2. Maxturbo211

being ignored isn't fun. bump.

3. Maxturbo211

cmon, anyone, anything, please????

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    I suggest being patient, you posted at 12:42 AM, most members are asleep, and waiting less then 1 hour isn't very long.

Have you tried using the clear CMOS jumper switch or button? Have you tried using one stick of memory, or another stick of memory, or even a different keyboard? Or disconnecting all drives and removing all PCI cards?

If you have the model, or service tag, of the Dell then thats the best way to get the manual and info on the board. Dell does post that info on their site as long as you know what system its from.

5. Maxturbo211

ok, well, you're assuming alot, but here goes, A this is a small no-case setup. all it has is the power supply connected and vga cable in ect, no drives besides one cd drive that I tried to boot from. second, I have no manual for it or anything, the numbers have no meaning to me, and the pins aren't clearly labeled like some of todays nicer motherboards. oh, and the reason I was getting annoyed was that it showed 100+ users online, in this section of the board, and others were getting quite a few responses, I even stopped and helped some other users out. this mobo was really pissing me off. still need help though.

6. Maxturbo211

7. Maxturbo211

and i've tried all that, i'm gonna see if the dell sites got anything to say...

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    We have to assume unless otherwise told, we can't see what you have or what you've done without seeing it or without you informing us.

E139761 brings up this doing a Google search: http://www.google.ca/search?q=E1397...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    Does any of that appear to pertain to the board you have? First hit has a link to a possible match on the Intel site.

Also when you boot it up, does it show the model number of system? Perhaps if you hit ESC or Tab key to clear the Dell logo?

9. Maxturbo211

Appologies, the characters E235761 seem to appear on many dell pcs, and seem to vary from board to board. same with n232, all of the other characters seem to be more unique

10. Maxturbo211

i'm going to try the esc or tab thing.

11. Maxturbo211

done, turns out that the cpu was actually overheating due to the ambient hear in the room. I didn't notice.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!