1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ibo_christian09, Oct 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibo_christian09

ibo_christian09 Thread Starter

Hello. This is my first time to post a thread here at Techguy.org so I hope this site would make a good impression for me. I am
    currently studying IT so this techie forum stuff would soon come in handy. I would just like to know why does each time I troubleshoot my netbook device (Acer Aspire One 722) under Devices and Printers it fails to install and fix itself. The devices are
    microsoft teredo tunneling adapter and the microsoft ISATAP adapters (1,2 and 3). First of all what are these devices and their importance and how to troubleshoot it manually. Then is there anything I can do to Prevent this, an exclamation mark next to my device is for me irritating to see. :D. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ibo_christian09

ibo_christian09 Thread Starter

One more thing. Is it safe to uninstall it?? How about reinstalling it after that??

3. Gr3iz

Gr3iz

First Name:
    Mark
    Here's some info on Toredo: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/network/cc917486.aspx

Are you using ZoneAlarm? If so, I found this:
    Apparently if you run Zone Alarm's Firewall, it will will disable this Adapter on your Win 7 system.
    The fix:
    Open your Zone Alarm software and click on the Firewall section in the left tab, taking you to the main section showing the various zone settings...
    At the bottom right, clicked on the Advanced button, which open a separate window listing several additional options.
    At the bottom of that newly opened window, click the check-box next to Enable IPv6 networking. Save your settings and restart.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1023118

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice