truble printing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

panda64

Hi anybody - My problem is my printer , that will not print.Its a HP photosmart premium - and it simply will not take the paper (mechanical fault i think) . It sounds just like it use to but it does not take the paper and says "put paper in tray" (danish: læg papir i hovedbakken). does anybody have an idea?

Does it try to feed the paper? If it does, try fanning the paper out before you print, static in the paper will cause this issue from time to time. Also there will be a feed roller in the machine to pickup and feed the paper in, try cleaning it off with water on a paper towel or some sort of cleaner on a paper towel.

panda64

hi hilbillyTech99
thanks for replying - all good ideas is wellcome but I am beyond user-level I think . I have tried all the common things but - as yuo say the feed roller drops down on the paper but it does not push the paper - i e . the wheels does not rotate as if some transmission is broken (plastic-wheels) but nothing visible is broken . It is wery differcult to take apart this part of the printer but if nessesery I must. It could be a common fault and so someone might have seen it before?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts