1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

truble printing

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by panda64, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panda64

panda64 Thread Starter

Hi anybody - My problem is my printer , that will not print.Its a HP photosmart premium - and it simply will not take the paper (mechanical fault i think) . It sounds just like it use to but it does not take the paper and says "put paper in tray" (danish: læg papir i hovedbakken). does anybody have an idea?

2. HillbillyTech99

HillbillyTech99

Does it try to feed the paper? If it does, try fanning the paper out before you print, static in the paper will cause this issue from time to time. Also there will be a feed roller in the machine to pickup and feed the paper in, try cleaning it off with water on a paper towel or some sort of cleaner on a paper towel.

3. panda64

panda64 Thread Starter

hi hilbillyTech99
    thanks for replying - all good ideas is wellcome but I am beyond user-level I think . I have tried all the common things but - as yuo say the feed roller drops down on the paper but it does not push the paper - i e . the wheels does not rotate as if some transmission is broken (plastic-wheels) but nothing visible is broken . It is wery differcult to take apart this part of the printer but if nessesery I must. It could be a common fault and so someone might have seen it before?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice