1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

True Color Option

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Scott149, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scott149

Scott149 Thread Starter

I have a Thinkpad T60P with an ATI Mobility Firegl v5200 video card. I cannot get the "true color 32 bit" option to come up after installing the latest driver. What am I doing wrong? Please advise, thank you in advance.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What color palette options are available? If you have the 16-bit and 24-bit options, you don't really need the 32-bit option in most cases.

What driver version do you currently have installed? Version 8.593.100.7, dated November 13, 2009, is what's listed at the Lenovo Thinkpad T60p support site for Windows XP for the ATI FireGL.

---------------------------------------------------------------

3. Scott149

Scott149 Thread Starter

That is the driver version that is currently installed. It is needed for a video game that requires 32 bit true color because it affects the how the geometry is displayed on the screen. I only have 8, 16 and 32 bit high color.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    32-bit is as high as it goes.

Why your color palette says "high color" instead of "true color", I really don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/970179

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice