True Color Option

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Scott149

I have a Thinkpad T60P with an ATI Mobility Firegl v5200 video card. I cannot get the "true color 32 bit" option to come up after installing the latest driver. What am I doing wrong? Please advise, thank you in advance.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What color palette options are available? If you have the 16-bit and 24-bit options, you don't really need the 32-bit option in most cases.

What driver version do you currently have installed? Version 8.593.100.7, dated November 13, 2009, is what's listed at the Lenovo Thinkpad T60p support site for Windows XP for the ATI FireGL.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Scott149

That is the driver version that is currently installed. It is needed for a video game that requires 32 bit true color because it affects the how the geometry is displayed on the screen. I only have 8, 16 and 32 bit high color.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
That is the driver version that is currently installed. It is needed for a video game that requires 32 bit true color because it affects the how the geometry is displayed on the screen. I only have 8, 16 and 32 bit high color.
32-bit is as high as it goes.

Why your color palette says "high color" instead of "true color", I really don't know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online