1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trust 5.1 Surround SoundCard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lionelbeck, Mar 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lionelbeck

lionelbeck Thread Starter

Recently installed a new Trust SC-5100 Surround SoundCard. It seems the only way to access the sound configuration control panel is to double-click a Trust icon that is placed in the Task Bar. I saw this icon only once, and used it once. On every subsequent re-boot of my PC the Trust icon has failed to appear. I am therefore unable to access the configuration utility.

Trust help-desk suggested I uninstall and reinstall. I did this, but still have no icon in the task bar.

There appears to be no access via the Start Menu, or via any of the files residing in the Program Files/Trust/ folders.

Has anybody any ideas please? Thanks.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

What os?

3. lionelbeck

Sorry, forgot to mention OS. Windows XP

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you looked in control panel? Very often sound utilities put an icon in the cp.

5. lionelbeck

Thanks. Thought of that one. No, it isn't there. Strange thing is I saw this icon just once in the Task Bar the first time I booted up after installation. It's never been back. Trust today told me to uninstall, then download new driver from their website. I did that and it's made no difference whatsoever.

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The icon is not hidden by chance? I do not use xp however in both vista and win7 there is an option to hide icons or just show notifications.

7. lionelbeck

I used the XP Taskbar Properties to set all icons as "always show" or "hide when inactive" etc., as required, but whilst doing this I noticed that the "Trust" icon wasn't on the list anyway, so I couldn't even tell it how to behave! This subject is getting more foggy by the day! I may just have to settle for the fact that the sound card is working - I can play music files and stream radio, etc., it's just that I can't get into the configuration utility to fine-tune it, because this damned elusive icon appears to be the only way to run it. Hey ho! Onward & Upwards. Thank you for your comments to date, by the way.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice