Trusted Domains & IIS-IWA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MyeyesHurt

Oy, hey there,
Not sure if this belongs under Networking or IIS, it's a bit of both...

I'm mainly wondering how users from a trusted domain are viewed on another, especially in relation to IIS with Integrated Windows Authentication.

Here's the deal, I've got webserver on DomainA.
I've got a user on DomainB.
DomainA trusts DomainB.
DomainB\user wants to use IWA controlled app on DomainA\Webserver.

When DomainB\user accesses a resource on DomainA, is he still viewed as DomainB\user, or is DomainA(anything) associated with that user?

Because for the custom application, which happens to be on the webserver, I need to allow access for each user. So would I simply put DomainB\user? Even though the webserver is on DomainA?

Now to part 2...

Also, I want to use IWA on the webserver on DomainA; will it be able to work with a user account from DomainB?

To put it horribly graphically, I'm trying to do this:
(DomainB: DomainB\user)---using IWA--->(DomainA: Webserver)

Networkingly speaking, is that just impossible?
As far as a user coming in from a trusted domain...does that fall to pieces concerning IWA, causing them to enter a DomainA username\password?

Thanks for convolutedly reading this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online