TrustedInstaller Permissions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WildlifeMatters

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20210228215638.000000+000
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @ 1.60GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 76 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (881 GB Free);
Motherboard: Acer Aspire ES1-531, ver V1.11, s/n NBMZ8110036030529B6600
System: Insyde Corp., ver ACRSYS - 3, s/n NXMZ9EK019603179426600
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated
Hi, there, I'm trying to reclaim my permissions from TrustedInstaller and getting in a pickle, followed instructions from a website, added my Name and email as owner so far so good, but when I tried to delete stuff like 'Bing Weather' it comes up 'you don't have permission' blah blah. I think the pc thinks I am the Administrator not the Owner, hope I'm making sense? Can someone please talk me through how to sort this out, I'm not a great techie, many thanks x

The Trusted Installer account is used internally by Windows. It has all modification rights to the machine, because some account has to have it in order to install stuff. So Trusted Installer was chosen to be that account.

To uninstall apps, you go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. There you can click on any app and the uninstall option button is shown. Note that there are some apps that cannot be uninstalled and the uninstall option is greyed out.

If you want rights to some file that you don't have access to. Go to the Security tab of Properties and go into Advanced. There you have to change the owner to yourself. Then go back up one level and you can now press the Edit button and add your account in, and give it full rights to the file on the lower part of the screen.

Last edited:

WildlifeMatters

The Trusted Installer account is used internally by Windows. It has all modification rights to the machine, because some account has to have it in order to install stuff. So Trusted Installer was chosen to be that account.

To uninstall apps, you go to Settings > Apps > Apps & Features. There you can click on any app and the uninstall option button is shown. Note that there are some apps that cannot be uninstalled and the uninstall option is greyed out.

If you want rights to some file that you don't have access to. Go to the Security tab of Properties and go into Advanced. There you have to change the owner to yourself. Then go back up one level and you can now press the Edit button and add your account in, and give it full rights to the file on the lower part of the screen.
Thank you, Lunar, I'll try this.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online