1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Try to record printed records

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by aattas, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aattas

aattas Thread Starter

hello all,

Im using access 2010 and there is a print of a report like a certificate whenever needed. My office is requesting me to provide a report of all certificate printed including the date and to whom .
    my only way to do this is to force users to enter a field print (yes/no) and from there the query "yes" and the report be printed.

Is there any way to do this without forcing the user to enter the yes/no. field.

Thanks

2. Sponsor

3. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

You could create a "Printed" table that is automatically updated when the User prints the certificate.
    It could store the certificate ID, date and to whom it id for assuming that is known.

4. draceplace

draceplace

Unfortunatly users have to lay thier fingers on the keyboard occasionally, we can only do so much magic!

5. aattas

aattas Thread Starter

Gents, thanks for the reply.

I like to hear more on the OBP reply, it seems very logical, but being new in access, could you please elaborate more. I created a new table " Printed" with the 'Operator' and 'Date printed' fields and I link the Operator from the main table to this new table. But I just couldn't go from here.
    Appreciate your help.

Thankyou very much

6. OBP

OBP Trusted Advisor

Is the Operator field the Key field in the Main table?
    Is the relationship a 1 to many with the 1 in the main table?
    How do you print the Certificate, with a Command Button?
    If it is a command button it probably use a Macro instaed of proper VBA, I have noticed that Microsoft changed the buttons from Access 2007 onwards.
    The Macro will need to be replaced with an Event Procedure with VBA code that runs the Certificate Report and also adds the data to the table.
    To create the code I would need to know the names of the Report, the new Table and the actual namme of the "Operator" field.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1132074