try to use hjt but no notepad

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

harki

Hi thanks in advance for any help
I have read different threads & tried to send alog on hjt, but when i try to post the thread through notepad google comes up can anybody explain why

Thanks Harki

sy2

What is the exact process you're going through in trying to copy/paste? I can't imagine why Google would pop up...

What do you mean by "post the thread through notepad"?

harki

brendandonhu said:
You can just Save the Log instead of opening it in Notepad, then upload it here.
Thank you for your reply to my thread
Sorry to be a pain real novice how do you do what you said.Is there any chance please of taking me step by step on how, to send a log from hjt.Thank
you for any help you can offer.
Yours thankfully harki

I see you are still having problems posting a HJT log.
http://forums.techguy.org/t366048.html
http://forums.techguy.org/t364191.html

Let me know at which step Google appears?

1) Run Hijack This

2) Click: 'Scan and create logfile'

3) A Save dialog box pops up. Give it a name and location(and remember these) and click 'Save'

4) Immediately your log should appear on the screen.(in notepad)
In the notepad window, click 'Edit', then click 'Select All'

5) Again, click 'Edit', then click 'Copy'.(nothing will appear to happen, that's OK.)(You can now close Notepad and Hijack This, as you don't need them anymore)

6) Now, go back to the forum where you are posting. As you type, when you get to where you want the log to appear(you must type something, or click in the box until you see a blinking cursor), go to the very top of the page and click, 'Edit', then click 'Paste'. The log should appear in your post.
7) Now click, Submit Reply

moper

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online