1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying Sysytem Restore but Computer Won't Shut Down

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dadarules, Apr 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dadarules

Dadarules Thread Starter

Hi & thanks in advance for any suggestions,

I am on another computer because my laptop (Dell Latitude D505 using XP) won't recognize any wireless connection - or the LAN connection in the hotel room yesterday. The wireless worked at home yesterday and at the hotel initially. The signal was weak so I plugged in the cat-5 connector to the internet in the room and then neither worked. I went to view the network connections and it notes that everything is good - but obviously things are not because it won't connect or even recognize the wireless or LAN connections.

I am home now and the computer did not recognize my wireless network that I am working on now with my family computer (proof it is up & running). I did refresh available wireless networks and it still notes that now wireless network is in range. Nobody likes a liar so I am going to have a talking to this laptop once things get fixed.

So I remember this got fixed once by doing system restore and going to a time that everything worked - a happy place. I did this but now have the issue of the computer will absolutely not shut down by using the "Shut Down" command. It goes to a blue screen and won't react to anything - not even CTRL+ALT+DELETE. Just sits there in its little blue world ignoring me. I need to hold down the power button for a while to turn it off. The bigger problem is then that the System Restore date chosen will not take effect because the computer wouldn't shut down properly so I can not do any time traveling and fix my internet connection issue.

Any thoughts? Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/561755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice