Trying to Activate Windows 10 Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jhdades

Hello, I just bought a new Dell XPS 13 running an activated windows 10 home. I read that I could use the product key from my old xps running windows 7 pro to upgrade my new xps to windows 10 pro, which worked, but then it wasn't activated so I entered the generic win 10 pro key to see if that would work, but obviously it didn't since I'm here asking for help. I read that I should've clicked "skip" when trying to activate and it asked for a product key because it would've automatically activated, but I didn't know that. I believe it said I had a digital license before I upgraded to Windows 10 pro but I'm not sure how to get that information now. I think I'm somewhat knowledgeable about tech stuff, but after reading and searching how to solve my problem I realized I wouldn't be able to without help. My device info is below. Thanks for any advice.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20200427201638.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 12, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (173 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0KTW76, ver A00, s/n /6FSFL13/CNCMK0001K00B3/
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 6FSFL13
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Last edited:
I can't help but you should edit your post to remove the product keys

TerryNet

Terry
Install Windows 10 Home or buy a legitimate Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Closing, as we do not help with circumventing valid restrictions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online