1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to change my PC case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ric101, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ric101

Ric101 Thread Starter

hi, I have a COMPAQ Presario SR2125UK pc, I have been recently upgrading with graphics and processor etc. But now I need a bigger case so I can actually fit another hard drive inside (Theres isn't a lot of room due to the power cables). I was wondering if it be possible to remove everything from the manufacturer case to a bigger and better case, one with a little more room. THANKS

2. BG-0

BG-0

Usually this is possible and will benefit your computer while increasing airflow and other things. The migration isn't too much of work either, just be careful while moving the parts. You'll just have to decide the case now. Some wishes about it? Need advice on choosing?

3. Ric101

Ric101 Thread Starter

I could do with one thats big simply because the power cable take up loads of space, I don't need anything special.

4. BG-0

BG-0

Well, about any midi tower size case should be fine for you, but you should see what local stores offer, while the shipping tends to cost half the price of the case if ordered from newegg or stuff. Only thing restricting your buy would be the PSU position, because sometimes it's a bit hard to reach the main power from PSU to motherboard if the PSU is at the bottom of the case.

A case I am getting next week and a one I've recommended to many people is the Antec 300. It comes with free shipping from newegg.. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042 It has PSU slot in the bottom, but it comes with good fans and quite much pleases the eye... Of course, there are better and there are cheaper cases around, but this would be a good middleclass case.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

Before you do anything, take a look at the power jumpers on the motherboard as you do want it to start up right? Make certain is you see ps, res, power led, hdd led there are individual wires coming from the poer button on front of case and not ending up in one big proprietary plug which most mfgr's use. If that is the case you will never make the move with this motherboard.
    Look all the way down at the letter "B" at this site:
    http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/sr/sr_con.htm#IC

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/738675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice