1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to configure my PhilipsSNA5630NS/05 router

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BEN1923, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BEN1923

BEN1923 Thread Starter

Hi there all,

I have TalkTalk wireless modem/router package that i bought some months ago, (oh no i hear you cry) that's been sitting in the back of my cupboard. (best place for it as far as i'm concerned!)

You see I tried to set it up when i first got it, but i got so frustrated with it, it's been sitting in the cupboard ever since.

I tried again yesterday evening, but ran into all sorts of problems. I spoke to several TT "technical advisors" (yes i actually got through) in the process and i use that term very loosely.

To cut a very long evening short, after about the 4th phone call they told me that i needed to get my Philips (?) SNA5630NS/05 modem router configured.

They suggested i call the help line number on the bottom of the router box.

Now here's the good bit. You call the number and are presented with a message from TT saying "This line is no longer in use and TT no longer supply this product" along with a TT Tech help support line number.

We all no how far you get (or not) when you call TT don't we! It was like i was caught in a never ending loop of the TT theme tune, recorded messages, and far away people reading off of pre typed sheets.

I did get some useful info though. One of the TT support Techs gave me a number to call which turned out to be Geek Squad.

I explained my problem to one of their guy's and he said unfortunately they only deal with the new TT modem/router and not my model. However he did tell me that he was speaking to a TT employee a day or two ago, and was told that the reason TT don't offer support any longer for my router is because the makers Philips (?), suddenly withdrew their support?

Probably because they didn't want to be associated with such a crap company.

Anyhow i'm now stuck with it and can't get it to work.

Can any of you wonderful people out there help at all or is it back to the cupboard once again for the little blighter?

Ben.

By the way, the reason i'm trying to set it up again is because I've been advised to, to free up some bandwidth, needed to get a blue tooth dongle to work.

2. Xin30

Xin30

Hi Ben!!

I went through the post you sent on the Phillips wireless router that you got from TalkTalk. I do have the steps on how can you can set it up through the LAN cable. I'm not sure if you've already gone through the steps. But I do hope they're of some help.

Here are the steps:
    Open Internet explorer and type 192.168.2.1 in the address bar

A configuration home page will open

Click on ADSL settings

ISP settings and enter the following settings

1) Protocol: PPPoA

2) VPI: 0 / VCI: 38

3) Encapsulation: VC-MUX

4) IP address: 192.168.1.1

5) Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

6) Username: need to delete whatever he has and enter the tel. [email protected] once again

7) Password

8) Configured MTU: 1500

9) And then Click on 'Save All'

10) Close current window

11) Open a new Internet explorer page and try browsing.

Let me know if it works out.

Regards,
    Irene.

3. BEN1923

BEN1923 Thread Starter

Hi Irene,

Many thanks for replying to my problem and for the advice/steps. I shall try it out over the weekend and let you know how i get on.

Regards

Ben.

4. Xin30

Xin30

Hi Ben!!

Sorry for replying so late. Was out of town. Have you been able to configure your Phillips router???

Irene.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590696

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice