Trying to connect a MAC comp. to a windows 98 comp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mitzi

I'm using a MAC amd trying to connect to a windows server. I'm unfamiliar with apple, so can anyone please help me.:confused: :confused: :confused: the version of windows is 98 and the version of MAC is 9.0.4

Thanks for any help!!

Mitzi

You need a version of a server OS on your PC. For the 2 to comunicate, they need a common language in which to communicate. Most of the time, it's apple talk. You can run apple talk services on an NT server. You can also use Win2k and set it up to authenticate through AFP. That would be the best way, because the server would be faster. The only way to get something from a win98 machine to a MAC would be to burn onto CD (or on some other medium), or go through a server.
--Adam

If both pc's are connected to the internet, you could try to e-mail the stuff you need. Not the most elegant solution, I admit.

Ooooh, or you may be able to set up your mac for Web sharing and connect to the IP with your PC and use it as FTP. Just a thought, i dont know if that would work.
let me try
--Adam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online