1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to connect to wifi with both iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Robsy128, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robsy128

Robsy128 Thread Starter

Hey everyone :)

I'm desperately trying to connect my iPhone and iPad to the wifi at work. I'm allowed to do this (as is everyone), although I appear to be having issues with both. I select the wifi network, enter the password and I just have a small spinning circle right beside the name of the wifi network, as if it's trying to connect but nothing happens.

The weirdest thing is that my iPhone was connected to the network about two weeks ago, but I restored my phone since then and now it's having issues. Actually, it was having issues before I restored the phone. The iPad is brand new as well and it has the same problem. Is it an issue with the OS update?

I can connect to my home wifi just fine, though, which makes me think that it's an issue with the router. The strange part about it is that all of the laptops here can connect to the wifi.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    may be an issue with the work network - if your allowed to connect - I would discuss with the IT department or person responsible for your work network

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089068

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice