1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to find a cheap laptop that will run the Sims 3

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ky4giraffe, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ky4giraffe

Ky4giraffe Thread Starter

Aug 10, 2012
    I have been looking for hours to find a laptop that I can afford. I need it to do my online college classes and it must be able to run the Sims 3. I have found 2 computers but I'm not very computer smart when it comes with what is good and what is bad to get.

My laptop I have now I bought in 2010 and it is crap. It is a dell inspiron 1545 and the battery no longer charges so it has to be plugged in all the time and the fan just recently died. I can't play the sims 3 because without a fan my computer over heats and shuts off in minutes.

My little brother just got a new dell that was pretty cheap but I'm unsure if I should get a dell after my past experience. So I have the same dell he bought and a hp laptop and I'm wondering which is better.

Inspiron 15 (N5040)

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-390M processor (2.66GHz with 3MB Cache)
    Memory: 4GB2 Single Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
    Hard Drive: 500GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive
    Video Card: Intel® HD Graphics

HP Pavilion g6-1d80nr Notebook PC

Processor: AMD Dual-Core A4-3305M APU (2.5 GHz/1.9 GHz )
    Memory: 4 GB DDR3
    Hard Drive: 640 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
    Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6480G Discrete-Class (up to 1.99 GB)
  2. Skivvywaver

Mar 18, 2001
    The HP should be the better of the two. Better graphics.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064665