1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to find a replacement power supply.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hruiz14, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hruiz14

hruiz14 Thread Starter

For and HP Computer. The power supply model is a Hipro HP-2537F3R and is 250W. I thought that just any ATX power supply would work but i talked to a local vendor and he told me that I have to find one that is specifically made for HP or Compaq Computers because of some kind of difference in Wiring. Is This true? He can get me one at a decent price, but its gonna take him about a week and i was hoping to get one sooner. So i wanted to see if there was anything compatable that i can get locally. Thanks.

2. pugmug

pugmug Banned

HP uses a small form factor psu as in all the ones I have replaced. They are ATX psu's but to get them to fit your case you may want to wait on the other guy as in if it does not work you can return it on their business for getting you the wrong part and not be stuck with something you can't use.

3. kidcnote

kidcnote Banned

4. hruiz14

hruiz14 Thread Starter

Thanks a lot guys. I think i'm just going to wait for my vendor to find me an original replacement.

kidcnote-
    I tried that and the model number wasn't in any of the lists. Thanks though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/446570

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice