1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to find an enclosure for an internal blu ray drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by djamnyc, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. djamnyc

djamnyc Thread Starter

I would like to purchase a blu ray burner but all the externals out there seem to be a bit pricey. I was thinking that there has to be a way to build your own. I have a lacie D2 enclosure that i could use to put in the drive but i dont know if the blu ray connections will work in there. Any ideas or suggestions? i am treading in uncharted territories over here and have no idea where to begin.
    i have a macbook pro which i think would be capable of playing the discs and burning. i also have a pentium 4 HT PC with a Ati Radeon x300 videocard. i would be basically using this setup to burn and not play. would it make a difference? can i burn the disc even if my videocard cant support it? Sooo clueless!!!
    HELP!!! Please!!:eek:
    Thanks in advance for any response back.
    Anthony

2. TekTime

TekTime

You can purchase a 5.25 drive enclosure, there are many specially made for internal Blu Ray drives. Your computer's ability to burn a blue ray disc will not be affected by your video card, but by your hardware; especially your CPU.

3. djamnyc

djamnyc Thread Starter

so u think a pentium 4 can do it at all? will it take forever? or should i use the macbook pro?

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

A P4 is more than capable of writing a blue ray disk. It is only data and the transfer rate to Blue Ray is lower than that to a disk.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice