1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to find an online manual for my motherboard.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ryan_Bowskill, Feb 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryan_Bowskill

Ryan_Bowskill Thread Starter

Hello, I've never really payed much attention to motherboards, but after purchasing a few more upgrades (including a Thermaltake Aguila case) I realized I should have payed more attention to it. :p

From what I can tell, I assume it is an nVidia nForce3 250 series motherboard? But I think i bought it over a year ago, so the manual it came with is long gone. The small wires that plug into the Motherboard for the power and reset switches were easy enough to copy with the new case, but it also has several other things in it, there are 2 USB ports, a Firewire port aswell as sockets for headphones and a microphone in the top but I have no idea where the wires plug into on the motherboard, aswell as that there are 2 others inside the case that I have no clue as to what they do. I have been searching for some sort of online manual so I can figure out where everything plugs in, but to no avail.

I guess that's just a long-winded way of me saying, does anyone know where I can find a manual for my Motherboard please? :)

Thanks.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

The nVidia nForce3 250 is the motherboard chipset, not the motherboard.

Download SIW 1.66 from; http://www.gtopala.com/download.html

This is an executable file that does not have to be installed. Download it to your desktop, then in the left panel scroll down and click on Motherboard. In a couple of secconds the motherboard manufacturers name and board model should appear in the right hand panel.

Post the motherboard manufacturers name and model and the manual should be fairly easy to find.

3. Ryan_Bowskill

Property Value
    Model nForce

Chipset Vendor Nvidia Corp
    Chipset Model nforce3 CPU to PCI Bridge
    South Bridge nForce3 CPU to ISA Bridge
    SMBus Nvidia Corp nForce3 PCI SMB Controller @4C00h
    SMBus Nvidia Corp nForce3 PCI SMB Controller @B000h

CPU AMD Athlon 64 3400+
    Cpu Socket Socket 754
    Processor Upgrade
    Max CPU Speed 3000 MHz

System Slots 5 PCI, 1 AGP

Memory Summary
    Location System board or motherboard
    Maximum Capacity 12288 MBytes
    Memory Slots 3
    Error Correction None
    Use System memory
    Maximum Memory Module Size 4096 MBytes

Warning! Accuracy of DMI data cannot be guaranteed

That's all it says, it says on the motherboard itself 'Winfast' if that helps.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

That particular program didn't give us enough information.

Go to http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and download Everest. Everest is a small program, but it has to be installed. After you install Everest, it will create a desktop icon. Click on the icon to launch the program. After the program loads, in the left hand side pane you will see Motherboard with a + sign beside it. Expand the motherboard values by clicking on the + sign.

After you expand the motherboard values by clicking on the + sign, below Motherboard you will see CPU, CPUID then Motherboard. Click again on motherboard and in the right hand side pane hopefully under Motherboard Properties it will show the motherboard ID then the Motherboard name. Post the motherboard name.

5. Ryan_Bowskill

Everest says the name is unknown. :(

6. accat13

accat13

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

Since no manufacturers name is provided it is almost certainly an OEM proprietary board. It MAY POSSIBLY be a variation of the Leadtek K8N board.

The only thing I know to try is to go to the Leadtek site and download the manual for the K8N and see if it matches the description of your board. The manual SHOULD have a pinout of the board connectors. See if the board connectors match the connectors on your board.

http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/support/manual.asp?manulineid=12&manuline=WINFAST K8N/K8N PRO

8. Ryan_Bowskill

That seems to be it, many thanks! :)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice