Trying to find iPad text files in time machine backup

anthroclown

I lost my texts from an ipad app called “Compositions” after a recent IOS update. The app was discontinued six years ago. I’ve dealt with Apple Support and scoured the internet for solutions with no luck.

Since I back up my ipad to my mac (not the i cloud) and since I do regular “time machine“ backups, I assume the missing texts are somewhere in my time machine backup. I’ve tried fishing around itunes folders in the backup with no luck.

Where might I find texts files associated with an i pad app in my time machine backup?

thank you!

What is the backup service you used to back up your files? I am referring to the name of the backup service. Also, were the texts checked off or chosen as items to be backed up?

This information would be helpful to help you locate the missing texts.

anthroclown

Thanks for your response.

I backed my ipad directly to my desktop — no icloud or backup service. I then regularly did a “time machine” backup of the desktop to an external hard drive. I don’t recall specifying any options as to what to backup. I think the time machine backup backs up everything — basically makes a copy of the entire computer. In the backup, there are folders that say iTunes but I can find specific text files associated with the out-dated app.

For this particular issue, I would recommend that you take your iPad to an Apple store for one of their service technicians to look this issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online