1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trying to free up space

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nymb09, Dec 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nymb09

nymb09 Thread Starter

im desperately trying to free up space and im having a lot of trouble jsut trying to figure out where all 18gb's are, but i found this folder in the c drive OLDREST and it claims to be taking up about 6 or 7gb's, what is the purpose of this folder and is there anyway i can delete it (without messing up my computer obviously) or just parts of it to free up space

2. zephyr

zephyr

Delete the entire contents of the Oldrest folder sending it to the Recycle Bin. Then if you have no problems for a couple days, empty the Recycle Bin.

The folder is probably left over from a past Recovery/Reinstall of the system. You may recall. There is another possibility, it could be used by a Virtual Drive program. You'd know if you have one of those or ever have had.

In either case, you should be on safe ground sending it to the Bin.

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!