1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to get a Statement Report w/Acc 2010

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by BratDawg, May 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    I am trying to use Access 2010 to generate a statement for each employee showing what positions they have and what percentage of their salary is paid out of each fund; this would print a separate page for each employee.

I would have it set up on a letterhead like form with text added saying that "Soandso worked as a <Position> for the School Year and was paid as follows:

Fund 1 <FTE>
    Fund 2 <FTE>

etc. Some are paid out of about 4 funds and the FTE is a percentage.

I exported the information from my payroll account and imported it as a single table into access, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my statement. It's been so long since I took an Access class! I was hoping to exploit the many-to-one capabilities of access over trying to do a merge with Word.

If you can assist, I would be grateful. What am I doing wrong? Uploaded the excel sheet and the little database I created.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. OBP

OBP

As the database is simple, Report Grouping is all that is needed, for more complicated databases I would use 2 Queries and 2 reports, one for groups and one for the details for each group, the details report being a Subreport on the group Main report.

For the grouped Report see the attached database.

Attached Files:

3. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    I don't see how to get one page for each employee with their positions showing.

They're going to sign off on it as a Statement of Time and Effort.

Thanks

4. OBP

OBP

Did you look at the report EE Positions1 in Print Preview View?

5. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    It gave me a tabluar report with all of them - grouped, yes, but not Andy Amos on one page, Eatem Almonds on another, etc. That I could give to an individual to sign off on.

Bloody government bureaucratic nonsense imho, but the auditors said we need to do it every 6 months to be in compliance, so....

Can't see how to add another attachment but if I can I'll up the pdf.

6. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    Found the advanced button!

Thanks for your help - I'm sure I"m just overlooking something.

Carla

Attached Files:

7. OBP

OBP

This is what my report looks like in Print Preview, (PrintScreen)

Attached Files:

8. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    what are you doing that I am not? At this point, I don't care about fancy. I can use that and put in my statement and signature sections. School's almost out and they'll fly the coop!

9. OBP

OBP

Did you look at my report?
    It has Grouping with Footer and the footer is set to Force New Page to after the section. The Titles are moved from the Page header to the Group header.
    It also uses the query to remove any null EmployeeIDs.

10. OBP

OBP

See attachment

Attached Files:

11. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    Ok - I fiddled with it and now I have it doing what it needs to do - thanks! The effort to figure this out is going to pay off.

What I am seeing now, though, is that after every record prints on its own page, there is a blank page. No matter

12. BratDawg

BratDawg Thread Starter

First Name:
    Carla
    I got it! Yay! Thank you so much!

Carla

13. OBP

OBP

Carla, well done.
    The new versions of Access don't exactly make it obvious how you do this kind of thing, some of the settngs on forms and reports can only be done in Layout view and some report items can only be done in Print Preview.
    It would have been better if everything was done in design, especially as there is no longer a built in help to tell you where to look.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148178

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice