1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to get Hammer and Sickle to run on windows 7

Discussion in 'Games' started by mattig89ch, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mattig89ch

mattig89ch Thread Starter

Hello all,

I just bought hammer and sickle and am trying to get it to run on windows 7. The first time I run it, it asked me to update the protection software. And now every time I try to fire it up, it says that I need to get it to reboot. And, after I reboot, a little message pops up in the bottom right saying that a starforce driver is blocked because it isn't digitally signed.

I tried to use the starforce updater, but nothing seems to happen. The games protect.dll file is version: 3.7.12.5.

Does anyone know how to get starforce to behave itself, or know of a way to get it up to whatever version I need to get it to run on windows 7, or even know how to get around it?

2. mattig89ch

3. mattig89ch

4. mattig89ch

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

No need to bump, if anyone knows they will post something.

Anyway, I have no idea what starforce is but does this page make any sense? http://www.star-force.com/support/users/windows7/
    If that is what you have it says you need to contact the developer for a patch.
    Maybe this page will help... http://www.star-force.com/support/drivers/ ?? :confused:
    Or search the game publisher site for a Win 7 patch.
    I saw an un-official patch for the game but had no description to what it "fixed", so not going to link to it.

6. mattig89ch

I hate to say this, but I've had threads that no one posted anything in for months. I give it a bump, and then I get 3 posts in a day.

I am avoiding bumping it too often though. Trying to limit myself to once a week.

And it seems the developer has since fallen by the wayside. Or they have taken down their web page.

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

Did you try the starforce site I linked?

Also I can look for that un-official patch again. maybe that will help you. But.... being unofficial there is a risk, and only you can decide if you want to install it. http://www.fileplanet.com/161561/160000/fileinfo/Hammer-&-Sickle-Patch-v1.15-[Unofficial]
    patch was 2006 so still may not work on Win 7

I can't seem to find anything on the developers either.
    I read a post on running H&S on Wine (a linux app to run windows programs) They say the game works but needs a no-cd patch to get around the outdated starforce check.
    TSG can not help with a no-CD patch, I'm just giving you a last hope of maybe running your game since the developers are bust and no recent patches have been released. Try everything you can through starforce first though, as most if not all no-cd patches are illegal.

Admins, I am only offering a suggestion based on the games developer no longer operating, and no official support available.
    Might be the only way of getting this particular game to run on Windows 7.

If all fails maybe you can return it based on the fact it won't run under Windows 7. Copy the starforce page that states this if they need proof. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1090620

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice