1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to get keyboard and number pad to work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by twisted_by_you, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted_by_you

twisted_by_you Thread Starter

Okay this is my problem....

The machine I am working on is very old. We recently bought this guy a seperate number key pad. They are normally for laptop users but in his case he is left handed. His keyboard is an AT and his mouse is serial. There is an available PS/2 port that was part of an expansion card and I know it works because I tested a mouse on there before. When I plug in the keypad the keyboard ceases to work and the number pad also doesn't work. Does anyone have a way I can get this going?

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Does the keypad have a PS/2 connector or are you trying to run it thru an adapter?

3. twisted_by_you

twisted_by_you Thread Starter

the keypad has a PS/2 connector

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/74948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice