Trying to get Quicktime to play 5.1 audio

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kidalot

Hi, I have quicktime 7.2, whenever I set the player preference to 5.1 audio none of my .mov files (all use AAC decoder) play any audio but works if i set the audio to stereo. I hust want to know how I can get the player to pick up speaker set up. Everything else including .avi and .mkv files can play using multichannel audio.
I'm using Windows Vista

My old PC using onboard sound and XP home used to work without any problems.

kidalot

Wow, it's been nearly 6 months and still no reply.
I've tried configuring the audio
8bit
16bit
24bit
none work

I'm mainly trying to play HD .Mov files, I've tried playing them in VLC player but there's no option for 5.1 audio.

Can anyone please help, this is still driving me mad.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts