1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to help Windows ME boots in safe mode

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by OneLuv, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OneLuv

OneLuv Thread Starter

I'm trying to help him figure this out. He doesn't have his restore CD's and I just did a scan disk for errors, none there. How can I stop this, I cant even use his mouse.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you tried a restore or last known configuration ?

3. OneLuv

OneLuv Thread Starter

Yes I did. Sorry for the delay, many of my own pc problems. I couldn't remember how to get to the last known configuration. Somehow I got to the system restore point. His last one was back in '05. Went thru the motions, and it said it could NOT be restored to that point. And I'm still stuck at the safemode screen. I am seeking your expertise because I want to learn how to do it. He would be satisfied to have windows 98 back. So when anyone has time, could you please hit me back with a few suggestions on how to try and get this thing out of safe mode.

Thanks in advance for your assistance. It's greatly appreciated.

4. smeegle

smeegle

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice