1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to make yahoo default email....

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by HandleX, Jul 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. HandleX

HandleX Thread Starter

Im trying to make yahoo my default email on my PC.
    I go into Internet Explorer>Tools>Interent Options>Programs>

There in email, i should be able to select "SBC Yahoo" from the drop-down list as i was instructed to do so. However, SBC Yahoo is not there. Does anyone know how I can make it be there?

2. js73

js73

I can not find the link which Yahoo used to provide for making it the default mail client ( I understand that it is no longer available; when you go to Yahoo help and ask for default client, it puts you in some filter descriptiion). You can, however, use gmail, make gmail as your default e-mail client, and within gmail, put your SBC Yahoo address as your default address. It would work as if the mail has been sent from Yahoo. I presume you have gmail. If not, just ask.

3. HandleX

HandleX Thread Starter

i do not have gmail.
    how do i obtain this?

4. sekirt

sekirt

You might also look at YPOPs!
    A freeware not related to Yahoo! that gives you POP3 capabilities with a client such as Outlook Express and others. All information is available at their website, including how to set it up.

http://yahoopops.sourceforge.net/

sekirt

5. js73

js73

HandelX, please pm me your e-mail address, and I shall send you an invitation for gmail.

6. TOYMAN1952

TOYMAN1952

Look here about half way down the page.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice