1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trying to open a website_keep getting error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by size05, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. size05

size05 Thread Starter

This is strange. I'm trying to look up info online about a folder I found in my windows directory, NU_DATA -- I only find 2 websites relating to my search which was windows ME Nu_Data. BUT, I'm trying to open either of the two, both are at www.msdn.com, but here's the one's direct website LINK

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/w98ddk/hh/w98ddk/storage_5xm9.asp

NOW, when I click on either of the two, I get an error as follows, IE closes (doesn't connect) and automatically reopens to my default SEARCH engine/homepage ??? I can't get there, but this only happens at this site. Why? Anyone know what is happening here or why I can't view these pages. Here's the error:

Microsoft Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. (this is a send error report error) BUT again, only happens when trying to connect to two different sites at msdn.com (the one noted above... exactly where I needed to go to see the info found on NU_DATA)

Then I hit send error report, and it closes out and restarts IE. This happens even when I don't send report.

Error signature (details) is iexplore.exe, appver 6.0, modname: unknown modversion: 0.0.0.0 offset: 0066063e
    Not sure that's needed to answer my question here. I just never had this happen trying to connect to any other website before.

Thanks.

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    I clicked on your link and it says:

Location cannot be found

If it's the only site that you can't access, I wouldn't worry about it.

3. size05

size05 Thread Starter

Thanks for checking! :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice