1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to open Draft email causes windows to crash

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by rogerbid, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rogerbid

rogerbid Thread Starter

Hi,

I hope someone here can solve a question put to me by a friend. wrote to me:

"I found a couple of sites with the javacodes etc for them and I copied them into an email. I had to go out so I quickly put the email into my drafts folder to look at later. When I clicked on the drafts folder later on that afternoon, that email has appeared to jam/block the drafts folder and the whole screen fades out then windows shuts the computer down...everytime. I cannot access anything at all in my drafts folder and I cannot delete that message. "

I have never encounterd this before and am powerless to help her. Can anyone suggest a remedy please?

Thanks everyone

Roger

2. pip22

pip22

Try switching outlook to "offline" mode.
    You didn't say what email client you use so I'm guessing it's Windows Mail:

Open Windows Mail
    Click File > Work Offline

3. rogerbid

rogerbid Thread Starter

Hi Pip22,

I am so sorry! I was sure i added that my friend is using Vista/Windows mail but when I edited and corrected some typos I must have deleted a sentence without realising it. Sorry.

Anyway, I have passed on your tip and will reply again as soon as I hear the result,

Thanks again,

Roger

4. rogerbid

rogerbid Thread Starter

Hi again,

Sorry to say my friend has tried accessing offline but with no luck. Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks,

Roger

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028902

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice