1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to play Blu-Ray on my 1080p display

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by sundance2008, Apr 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sundance2008

sundance2008 Thread Starter

I am trying to get my home theater system to play Blu-Ray disks via my HTPC (Home Theater PC) I have just upgraded the ATI drivers for the video card and I still have two issues. First when I play a BRD via PowerDVD Ultra V7.3 the program opens Ok but when I put in a BRD I get a message saying the color scheme is being changed to Windows basic. The BRD plays fine on the PC but on the video display the PowerDVD interface comes up but the picture area is black, no movie, nothing. The cloned PC display showes just fine on the 1080p video display.

The other issue is the desktop freezing ...kind of. If the system sits idle for a while the display freezes, but the system is still working OK, it's as if I took a screen capture and set it as a background. The mouse moves but nothing is clickable. To get out of the I have to do a Ctrl, Alt, Delete and when the window opens close it and all is well till the system sits for a will and it's the same thing.

Computer system:

Intel 6600 2.40 GHz

2 GB memory

Video card ATI Radeon HD 4670 1 GB of memory

Video Display:

Sony VPL-VW40 1080p connected to the PC via HDMI

Thanks,

Steve

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/817897

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice