1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to play old game on Windows 10 PC

Discussion in 'Games' started by tylergamer123, Aug 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tylergamer123

tylergamer123 Thread Starter

I recently bought an old game from Amazon called Athens 2004. It was designed to suit a Windows XP PC, however, the game runs fine up until the point where my race loading screen appears, there are animations in the background so I know it's not completely frozen although it might as well be. I downloaded a VM (Virtual Machine) for Windows XP however I've had a lot of frustration trying to transfer my virtual copy of the game from my main to the VM. So I started to get somewhere and I thought why not transfer my virtual copy to a USB drive then download on my VM? I did that and it all was going great up until the download couldn't start because it hasn't got enough storage space. I search online once again and I follow a tutorial exactly how to allocate more ram to my VM. It says to remove the hard drive completely from my VM (sounds sketchy I know, I tried anything at that point because I just wanna play a game and bring back some memories minus the part It took me 3 days trying to play) so I did that and told me to find the Oracle folder in my documents and shift right click until the command prompt screen appeared, I tried allocating more ram and it said not recognized! I tried re-loading my VM and came up with an error message, no storage...I cant even load my actually game from my original disk file because it says after clicking please insert original disk. Please help me, if we would speak on live chat that would be most helpful I need help.

Many thanks, Tyler

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

I use Oracle's freee VirtualBox and install different OS no problem. You would have to still have an XP CD though.

3. tylergamer123

tylergamer123 Thread Starter

So what exactly do I need to do exactly to be able to play this game? Please be as detailed as possible, step by step.

4. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Some older programs won't run very well on Windows 10. I have had that problem too. I have an old computer with Windows XP and that's what saves my problems. I don't use it to surf the internet, just do odd jobs in it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice