1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Trying to Remove Adware (Wild Tangent Games)

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Jack1000, May 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Guys,

I can't get rid off them. They don't uninstall and tried Malware Bytes and a System Restore, as well as CC cleaner. The photo below shows what I want gone!

Jack

Attached Files:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Did these games come with the system or did you install them?

3. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

It is a cheap Toshiba laptop from 2014. There were definitely some games that came with it from Wild Tangent, at that time, they were removable, but it took effort to do that. I was able to remove a Wild Tangent folder, and Malware Bytes found nothing. But Windows Defender stopped some malware on one of them. My Online Windows Help and Support system stopped working and I did all the tricks from Microsoft to get it back. (Meaning that it would not search for online content.) That's what led me to try to fix this.

As the system is now fast and clean, I think I am going to just let things alone. System Restore got me back to a point from last week. In the Windows 8.1 Start Menu, here is where the games are:

Pinball is mine, but the rest are the other games. I was wondering if anyone else with a Toshiba laptop running Windows 8.1 was able to remove them?

Jack

4. Jack1000

Jack1000 Thread Starter

Windows Defender blocked some things, so I did a full scan, and it found and removed 1 threat with two others quarantined. The same type called the Program win32/vigran A virus. Years ago, when I got this computer, and before I even did anything, Microsoft Windows Defender recognizes Pogo games as a virus. They really load up these budget laptops with crap, and I remember back in 2014, it took me an hour to get adware off that I did not want. In contrast, my $6oo Dell Desktop never came bloated with crap like the Toshiba did. ( The Desktop has Windows 10.) 8GB RAM, bought in October 2015.

The low end laptops always have adware. My next laptop is going to be a Dell, and have at least 8GB of RAM. This one only has 4GB of RAM. But it still works!

Jack

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1226923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice