1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

trying to remove registry booster from my pc.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Carol Martin, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carol Martin

Carol Martin Thread Starter

Is there a way i can remove registry booster from my pc. I do not want it. I t won't let me uninstall it. Can you help me?

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

If it has been run, it may have even damaged its own part of the registry as well as all the other damage it did.

Why can't you uninstall it?

3. Carol Martin

I installed it the way you are supposed to, and I don't want it anymore, and no matter how many times I try to remove it. it won't let me. Is the spyware? I have read blogs where everyone who has downloaded this same thing cannot remove it either. What is up with this? You asked me why I can't uninstall it. I would not be searching for help if I could uninstall it.

4. allheart55

allheart55

Welcome to TSG Carol Martin. :)

Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware

Uninstall application
    To uninstall an application, select it from the list of installed applications and click on the "Uninstall" button in the uninstaller toolbar.

The uninstall command will start the application's own built-in uninstall module!

Revo Uninstaller augments the uninstallation process. It scans your hard disk before and after you uninstall an application. It will help remove additional unnecessary files, folders and registry keys that are usually left over, even if you had a broken installation. These unnecessary items will be highlighted by Revo Uninstaller.

5. Carol Martin

I did that over and over again and I get a pop up window that say... Uniblue installation has stopped working. It is completely installed and keeps doing it's thing so I know it's installed. I did not have a problem with my add remove before I installed this software. What is up with this? It won't let me uninstall it.

6. allheart55

allheart55

There's supposed to be an uninstaller in the Uniblue folder. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Uniblue. Use the uninstaller. Delete the Program folder and contents.

When you're finished, download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and check the boxes of anything that refers to Uniblue.

Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now.

7. Carol Martin

I did that and it now is telling me I need permission. I am the original owner and administrator of this computer. no one else has access to it but me. More help please.

8. new tech guy

new tech guy

Have you tried the revo suggestion, used it to get rid of a stubborn avg installation that was hosed somehow, even if the built in one fails, having revo blast all of the leftover references/files will clean it out.

9. Elvandil

Elvandil

But why? Can you not press on the uninstall button? Does an error pop up? Is your keyboard not working? Has your electricity gone off? Are your fingers burned?

If it did not use the Windows installer, boot into Safe Mode and install it again. That should repair the uninstaller (if that is the problem) and then you can uninstall it (also in Safe Mode).

10. Carol Martin

My electricity has not gone off. There is nothing wrong with my key board. And my fingers are NOT burned. I am more frustrated with this than you are.When I googled this problem it is absolutely amazing that so many people out there have the exact same problem. It will not allow any one to remove the software, and their computer key boards are working, their power did not go off, and their fingers are not burned. It's the software that is the problem and not our computers!

11. allheart55

allheart55

Hello Carole, Please try the directions in Post #4 with the
    Revo Uninstaller. :) I have never had it fail me yet. Revo
    will use whatever uninstaller the software came with. It will
    scan the drive two more times after the uninstall. It will remove
    any registry keys, files and folders left behind. UniBlue will be
    gone, once and for all. (y)

12. Carol Martin

Finally! Thank you for your help, patients and understanding of my predicament I found myself in. God bless you.

13. allheart55

allheart55

Carol, No problem, you are welcome. :) I know it can be frustrating when you come across this issue the first time. Take Care, Cindy (y)

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/811515