Trying to run duel monitors with xp pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bpsman

I am trying to run duel monitors on my pc I am running xp pro and I have a 1.8 cpu with 768mb of ram with 120gigs of hard drive space rewritable cd player and I have installed two video adaptors.

The first one is NVIDIA GeForce2 mx/mx400 (Microsoft Corporation) this is the one that came with the computer.
I just installed is ATE Technologies INC. mach 64 CT PCI video adaptor.

The computer recognized the second video adaptor but can not seem to install it properly the device manager shows the both of the display adaptors.

The one I just installed has the problem it has the yellow explanation point next to it. Windows can not find the correct drivers I am guessing and it doesn't show up in the display properties dialog box.
It shows a code 10 the device can not start. "whatever that is."

The drivers it shows are system32 drivers they are listed as follows:

system32\8514.dll,
system32\ati.dll,
system32\drivers\ati.sys.

It looks like one driver and two dynamic link library files.

How do I find out for sure if these video adaptors support duel monitors?

Anyone out there with some advice I would appreciate some Thank You in advance.

It should work. Did you install a driver for it? The best luck I have had in driver searches, I take the card out and find a number on it. Either a number that starts with FCC or a model #. Take that to driverguide.com and search their database. If you find that number and can't find a driver, let me know what it is and I will try.

bpsman

The only drivers I tried to install are the ones windows found within it own data base, but I will shut it down and try to find some numbers on the board itself.
I will let you know Thanks

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Windows XP should have the drivers for the ATI Mach 64 if I remember correctly, but I would think you could find a better card then that for a couple of bucks. That card is like 9 years old.

bpsman

It is out of a really old computer what can I say it was free and I was looking on the video board for the numbers to check driverguide.com with.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online